Answered By: HACC Library Last Updated: Oct 20, 2017 Views: 20
Answered By: HACC Library
Last Updated: Oct 20, 2017 Views: 20
There are many ways to narrow a search, both on your search screen AND after you have a results list.
The video linked below illustrates several ways of narrowing a search.
Here are some of the more popular ways to narrow:
- to Full-text articles only
- by Date (currency is important for many topics)
- Source type (examples: journals; newspaper; magazines)
- Geography (example: United States)
- Add another term or two in the additional search boxes (for example, if you were searching for "bipolar disorder," try adding additional terms like: treatment; teenagers; etc).